Ardboes recent good league run came to a halt on Sunday afternoon with a re-fixed match against Omagh at Healy Park which provided a high scoring affair in which the St. Enda’s were two point victors. In very warm and hazy conditions both teams had their squandered chances but it was Omagh who opened the account and went two up with seven minutes of play. Ciaran Campbell got the Rossas account going with a well netted goal all coming from excellent defending from Paul Coney.  Omagh replied with a goal of their own with poor passing from the Rossas but it was an apparent square ball and unfortunately for Ardboe the green flag was raised.  On the 15th Minute mark John McConville hit a long range free kick from the 45 and again this was followed up from the kick out with McConville kicking over a well caught effort in mid field.  With Omagh getting the breaks at midfield they converted another score and added another point with 23mins gone.  Gavin Wyllie gave Ardboe the advantage with the game’s third goal and Nishy O’Neill wrapped up the scoring for the Rossas in the first half while Omagh squeezed in another score just before the break leaving one it at half time. Ardboe 2-3 Omagh 1-5. In the second half Omah dominated for the first 10 mins hitting six points on the trot with Ardboe’s mid field not competing at all but the Rossas turned this round first a great save from Gary Mallaghan and hit six points in a row also coming from Nishy O’Neill, Gavin Wylie, Kieran Devlin and Frank McGuigan. But in the final quarter Omagh responded well hitting four points with only Gavin Wylie hitting a final free kick for Ardboe that finished the scoring in the game. Final Score: Ardboe 2-10 Omagh 1-15. Team; G. Mallaghan, P. Coney, G. Devlin, G. Mooney, K. Devlin(0-1), S. Forbes, R. McGurk, J. McConville(0-2), F. Devlin, N.O’Neill(0-2), G. Wylie, (1-3)C. Campbell(1-0), T. McGuigan, F.McGuigan(0-2) and E. Martin.  With Tyrone unfortunately out the Tyrone Senior championship can now be restarted and Ardboe travel to Coalisland on Sunday afternoon to face Aghaloo at 3.30pm following the match between Dungannon and Brackaville.  Hopefully if everything goes well the draw for the quarter finals will then take place in Pomeroy for the quarter finals.

The Reserves on the other hand came from behind to defeat their Omagh Counterparts by 5 points with scores coming from Kyle Coney, Terry McGurk and Noel O’Neill to get back to their wining ways after some recent defeats. Final Score Ardboe 0-14 Omagh 0-9.

By ciaranhurl Mon 17th Jul